Monday, September 26, 2011

Window Shopping


I had high hopes of a productive weekend. It’s now Monday afternoon and the to-do list is no shorter than it was on Friday. Oh well, every once and awhile we all need a lazy weekend…there will always be time for projects.


During my unproductive weekend, I did some major “window” shopping on my local Craigslist. I have openly admitted my addiction to c-list, (first step in recovery is admitting you have a problem, right?) but honestly how can you not with such amazing deals. I found some of my most prized possessions on Craigslist…

my beloved dining room chairs

my big boy, Brutis

baby girl, Brindi

I am on a strict budget these days, so browsing is all I can do, but I wanted to share with you some of the great things available in the Pittsburgh area right now. If you’re local, maybe you can steal an item or two (and let me come visit) and if you’re not local, I hope it encourages you to take a peek at your own cities Craigslist. 

On to the goods:

(via)

($10) I envision this brass chandy painted glossy navy blue or bright white, maybe even jute wrapped, but what sold me on this item are the great lines and globe light bulbs. I might actually have to break the budget on this one. 

(via)

($495) Way out of my price range, but this dresser is really beautiful. I love the Paris grey (aspc?) color and I am a sucker for drawers behind a door! 

(via)

($45) I know there are some die hard fans of old rulers and especially the folding versions. Here are a great set of 5, all different sizes, for $45 dollars. Bonus: there are some pretty snazzy projects out in blog land with old rulers, like this side table or this amazing mirror

(via)

($70) With a little sanding and a nice new stain finish, these two wooden filing cabinets could be a great addition to an office. The great thing about having two is that you can use them as a base for a custom desk top made from old pallets or salvaged wood, and at 35 bucks a piece, you can’t go wrong! 

(via)

($85) I love this chest of drawers from 1840, it is in great shape and I don’t think it needs anything but a great tablescape. I see this in an entry way with a large mirror, a great lamp and fresh flowers. 

(via)

($80) Craigslist is a great place for funky pieces and this is a great example. I usually don’t like papasan chairs, but I think this would be a great chair for a boys bedroom or kids playroom. The shape and canvas seat are very kid-friendly, but the leather accents makes the chair something you can be proud to show off. 

Did anyone actually have a productive weekend that I can live vicariously through? How about a great Craigslist purchase?

No comments:

Post a Comment