Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Days



The hubs and I took the “labor” part serious out of this long holiday weekend and got to work. I have had a few projects in limbo that needed to be finished before I lost my mind. Although we hope to relax a bit today and enjoy the day with family, I wanted to stop in quickly and give you a sneak peak of the projects that were tackled. 
  • Glazing and upholstering the dining room chairs (first time I have ever done upholstery...fingers crossed!)
  • Paint and upgrade yard sale mirrors
  • Create new lampshade and re-finish Goodwill lamp
I could sum up the weekend in one title:

Weekend Warriors: Paint everything in sight

In Progress: white base on the frame, seat and back panels
In Progress: white base on frames and hand painted back panel


Before: Large wood beveled mirror
Before: Octagon Mirrors
Before: $3 Brass lamp...yup, 3 dollars. That crooked lampshade has got to go, fast!
Of course I will be giving a more detailed look into each of the projects, so be sure to check back in. Until then, I hope everyone has a wonderful Labor Day with family and friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment