Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Funkytown

I am in a total funk this week and I can’t quite figure out why. Maybe its post-vacation blues or the overwhelming amount of work that piled up while I was gone, or maybe that my sun kissed skin is already fading back to a boring shade of ecru. Whatever it is, I am in need of a major pick me up tonight.

Insert a glass-OK, two glasses- of Riesling (Bogle Vineyards…love in an $8 bottle,) a piece of left over boardwalk fudge (yum!) and the World Wide Web. I’m not going to lie, I was tempted to just watch the baby panda sneezing video on repeat, but I practiced self control and instead went on a hunt for things that are currently making my heart go “pitter-patter.”

Enough talk; let’s get to the good stuff!

My recent manicure combination

Jade & Scented: Zesty Citrus both from Forever 21

The Company of Thieves station on Pandora

Do yourself a favor and check them out. You won't regret it!

Vintage wooden and feather darts on Etsy

 We played our fair share of darts this vacay and I love subtle things that remind you of family! via

The Restoration Hardware Spring 2011 Source Book
If I had to pick one store that captures everything I love about design and lust over having in my home, RH would be it, hands down! I am already giddy with anticipation for the Fall Source Book that should be coming any day (Birdcage chandeliers? I die.)

1588 World Map

Pharmacy Cabinet Series

French Academie Iron Bed Frame
 
Salvaged Wood & Steel Shelves

Cast Iron Dumbbells

Cast Irom Barn Door Pulley Pendant

Our updated office/guest room set-up.

Sneak Peak: more coming soon!

The fact that my very favorite colors: grays, whites, & black seem to be all over Fall 2011 trends!

H&M Fall Line (via) & Balmain Fall 2011 Runway (via)

ZGallerie Fall Preview (via)
And I can’t forget the crisp, cool nights that are starting to roll in, in anticipation for my most favorite season of all, fall. I sure hope it lasts as long as possible! I am starting to feel better all ready and the fact that it is almost Thursday; one day closer to the weekend, seems much more tolerable as well.

What gets you of your funky moods?

Check back soon for the unveiling of the updated office/guest room and to see the things I picked up at some antique stores on a rainy vacation day!


 

1 comment:

  1. My hubby just built me an industrial-looking shelving unit similar to the one above with oak railcar dunnage. (Retails for 2,195.00-- but mine was Free!!!)

    Regards,
    Kay
    chezgagne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete