Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Poppa Stud

OK, its clearly not Fathers Day, but I had the best of intentions! In all honesty, I have been completely messed-up this year with the whole holiday. I sent my dad his card two weeks early and some how Sunday turned into Wednesday in a blink of an eye. Although the holiday has passed, I didn't want to go without saying a few things...
Pops and me on my wedding day
I have been blessed with an amazing father, a modern day Renaissance man. After a a twenty year career as a set designer and home remodel-er, my dad was ready to make a change. That change came when he decided to teach at a private all-boys high school in our town. He does it all from collecting classic literature to building the bookshelves in which to store them, truly the total package.
My house has become a gallery of his workmanship, with a home made bar/kitchen island, a coffee table, and even a custom bed frame. These priceless items have become some of my most prized possessions. (I will save pics of these treasures for another day.) Besides the material gifts, my father has given me the gift of perfectly timed sarcasm, unapologetic sensitivity, and most importantly, love.
Here's to you Dad, Happy Father's Week- hey, it's my blog, I can do what I want! 
"It was times like these when I thought my father... 
was the bravest man who ever lived."
-
To Kill a Mockingbird
 You will forever be the Atticus to my Scout. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment